Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how young is too young?

Default Re: how young is too young?

There is harm in it IMO. There is plenty of research that shows that their digestive tract is simply not ready for anything but BM before 6months. And again as Christy said, you can't really take a 4month old reaching fro things as a sign they are ready fro food. At four months it's like someone just turned on the whole world. They reach for EVERYTHING. It's no indication that they are craving anything other than breast milk.

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by NolaMomma View Post
    Why do you think that? If you put something in her stomach, in place of breastmilk, it will make her less hungry. That's not an opinion. The end result is you making less milk.

Just wait, when she does start eating solids on a regular basis, you'll be longing for the old days of EBFing!! Don't rush it, there's no need and if you end up with a case of constipation (this is what bananas did to my dd) because the digestive system is just not mature enough....you'll be mad at yourself and you know you don't want that.
    I really agree with you on this one!!!! It was much easier when I didn't have to guess what kind of mood he is in (lasagna or green beans?) and just sat down for 20 min! it was a guarenteed "break"

think about it this way...whats 2 months....you are more than halfway there and if at 6 mo your LO is more ready that is less problems (and discomfort)
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!

i just thought that since she doesnt really nurse during the day it wouldnt make her not want to nurse . it doesnt make sense now that im re reading it but ya know.

I see what your saying about not giving it just cause they want it they dont know whats best for them, but im just trying to really think this out and get information as i dont want to say no to say no, ad like i said i dont want to give her enough to make a meal but let her try it and taste it more like. Im not sure what we are going to do maybe just let her taste not actually feed it to her. BM is easier lol. i know that i just want to give Dh feelings and wants more than a passing thought and not say no just cause thats what i want.

Poor men lol

I told my DH that I wasn't willing to take DS's health for granted just so he could be involved in feeding him and that he should find another way to bond. I told him that I don't want my kid to be obese and adding solids to early can lead to that. I told him that he wants to eat dog food to but we won't let him do that.
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!

Yes i agree i dont want to do anything to harm her health, which is why i cam to you ladies here to find out what you know .im going to give my DH the link that was posted and tell him what ive found out and let him know we really need to wait a little longer like it was said in a pp whats another 2 months. they grow up to fast as it is no reason to rush them. i would hate to do something that would jeapordize our bf relationship i depend on that i think more than she does.