Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Peanut Butter Poop?

Question Peanut Butter Poop?

Hi ladies! My DS is 8 weeks old and growing like the proverbial weed. He's nurse, nurse, nursing up a storm and all day yesterday and most of the day before he was pretty much constantly at the boob.

He has lots of pees and poops but yesterday evening I went to change his PF after he pooped and instead of being runny as usual, it was the consistancy of peanut butter.

What do you guys think? Just changing from runny BF poop b/c he's getting older and his digestive system is really getting going? The product of an all day nurse-a-thon? It was still yellowish/tannish. Hmmm....

Default Re: Peanut Butter Poop?

Your milk changes around 6-8 weeks and the colostrum disappears from it. This sounds normal to me, you might also notice the frequency lessening. My dd only went once a week or so at that age, she just went a whole lot when she did go.

It is considered completely normal! Though usually the peanut butter comes after "holding it" for a day or more....but definately nothing to worry about!

Ahhhh.... Thanks for your insight ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by mamacatsbaby
    Hi ladies! My DS is 8 weeks old and growing like the proverbial weed. He's nurse, nurse, nursing up a storm and all day yesterday and most of the day before he was pretty much constantly at the boob.

He has lots of pees and poops but yesterday evening I went to change his PF after he pooped and instead of being runny as usual, it was the consistancy of peanut butter.

What do you guys think? Just changing from runny BF poop b/c he's getting older and his digestive system is really getting going? The product of an all day nurse-a-thon? It was still yellowish/tannish. Hmmm....
    don't feel bad. i freaked out like that too, at about five weeks. luckily, i had a dr's appointment that day, and she told me it was completely normal. sometimes it even changes color over the course of a day.

Funny you should describe it as peanut butter, that's exactly the expression I used to describe it when it happened with dd.
    It's great though, I don't know about you, but the runny poos always used to leak, regardless of the nappy. Now I dont; have to do as much laundry...

ellas_mum, yeah, I've noticed the color changes lol.

Aurore I agree, I don't get blowouts anymore and there hasn't been poo leaking out of my covers so, sweeeet. And it's also nice to know that he's pretty much gonna poop once or twice every other day. We're also trying to EC and that certainly makes it easier! lol