Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Hurting breasts....

Question Hurting breasts....

I usually feed for 10 minutes and then pull her off. I just heard from someone to let her feed until she was done not me. So I tried it and after that 10 min. my breast started hurting really bad. It is not my nipple that hurts. Does this mean I am out of milk on that side? She never pulls off and never cries that there is no milk but she is a very easy going baby and really patient so I don't know if she would.

Default Re: Hurting breasts....

what does the pain feel like, and where in the breast is it located?

Like needles or stabbing kind of? Not like a let down and it doesn't go away. Hard to describle but I don't like it.

Oh, the pain is inside the breast middle to the nipple. It just started happening and only happens when I let her nurse for longer that about 10 minutes.

I have had that, especially when my daughter starts to nurse for longer, if she is going through a growth spurt, or needs comfort. I would say it was let down, but you know your body. So my original idea obviously is not what it is, so I hope that someone will come along and help you out. I'm sorry.