Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I need thoughts....

Default I need thoughts....

I am 13 weeks PP. Occasionally, I've experienced spotting, but it hasn't been like one of my regular periods. Before I got pregnant, I would get migraines when I ovulated. Right after my son was born, I got migraines ALL the time and then after my PP bleeding ceased, my migraines did, too. BUT I'm still getting migraines occasionally and I'm wondering if I'm ovulating thus causing the eventual spotting. I'm going to start keeping track of when I get my migraines and when the spotting occurs to see if that's it.

Anyway, my question is this: will this hurt my milk supply? I've read that breastfeeding was supposed to suppress ovulation, but then I've also read that it's normal for some women to have periods. Should I be concerned about my supply? I had oversupply, so I've been feeding 2x's per side and one side per feeding, so I think my LO and I have established the supply according to his needs, but I really want to BF until he's at least a year old.

Thoughts? Opinions?
    Stephanie (23) Married to Troy (22) since August 2003
    Just welcomed our first baby into the world
    Our son, Caden Wesley born 10-10-07 at 1:00 AM via emergency c-section
    8 lbs 15 oz 19 1/2 in

SAHM

10-13---8 lbs 3 oz
    10-16---8 lbs 12 oz 20 3/4 in
    10-26---9 lbs 8 oz 21 1/2 in
    12-14---12 lbs 15 oz 24 in
    02-12---15 lbs 12 oz 25 1/2 in
    04-15---18lbs 6 oz 27in

Default Re: I need thoughts....

I got my period back right away. As soon as my pp bleeding stopped I began getting regular periods again. I was exclusively breastfeeding without so much as the use of a pacifier and I still got it back right away The good news though is that it didn't effect my supply at all. My DD is 18 months and we're still going strong.
    ~Proud AP Mama To Natalie Ann *7/9/06* & Isabella Faith *7/6/09*~

Default Re: I need thoughts....

I started my period again about 6 weeks PP, which I totally wasn't prepared for because I thought that you never got your period while you were exclusively BF'ing. Fortunately it didn't effect my milk supply at all. My son is now almost 8 months old and I'm still BF'ing. I think you'll be fine.