Quote Originally Posted by Claires Mama View Post
I know the gerber ones are similar to the nubby, they look like the playtex but are softer and more flexible like the nubby. Other then that I think the nubbys come with both a nipple and a soft sippy top, maybe give it to him in the nubby with the nipple so he gets used to the nubby cup and then switch over to the sippy top, so the cup part is the same (color, feel ect.) but the top changes . Or you could always try the new straw sippys. They don't leak and use a soft straw, mine is 16 months and she loves hers.

My now 3yr old loved the straw cups and so did I found that pipe cleaners work great at cleaning the straw part and yeah they are a pain to get in and out but it was worth it specially after I read that letting them drink through straws is good for there dental health the sugars from what ever they may drink from there cup does not set on the teeth like with other cups which causes less tooth decay.. so my LO when she is ready will have straw cups if I can convince her to... as she has been I diffrent child already at the ripe old age of 7wks....