Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Medicine HELP FAST!

Default Medicine HELP FAST!

Early this week, LO has bitten deep and I think I have a clogged duct on top of that. I am in a LOT of pain. I called my dr. this morning and he prescribed Keflex without seeing me. Office is closed, he said to go on Monday. Anyway, he said the antibiodic would pass onto LO, but it shouldn't be a bad thing....

Would you take the antibiodic? It hurts so much to nurse (or wear clothes)!

Default Re: Medicine HELP FAST!

According to this site it is ok. Sounds very painful! I hope you feel better soon.
    http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/si...temp/~OhbuTv:1
    Proud Mom to Natalie Morgan! Born 10-29-07
    **WE'VE MADE IT BEYOND 6 MONTHS BFING!!!

Thanks for the site! I was looking online but couldn't find anything other than the regular disclaimers. I guess I will try it. Anything will be better than this!

I took it for the same thing while bf and had no problems.

You took it for the bite? Did it make it quit hurting?

wow! I know about biting! What are you doing for the clogged duct? I found that a sock full of rice micro waved and shaken out twice at 1 minute each time really helped with the discomfort.

Still nursing on the ouchy side? It's important to do. How deep is the bite/

Is the bite showing signs of infection (redness, swelling, pus)?

Back with more information soon...

I had a clogged duct when I took it.

The bite is like, half a tooth deep. And he bit again today! I am trying to nurse him in the dark bedroom laying down so he won't be so distracted, and he was fine until CHOMP!

It is maybe a little red around the bite, and it does look oozy, but I think that's because I keep putting the lanolin on it. If I don't, it sticks to my nursing pads/bra and then I have to pull those loose.

I am still nursing with both sides like normal, even though I keep hearing the Jaws theme song playing when it's time.

For the clogged duct, I have just been nursing as usual and massage in the hot shower....I'm not sure if it's even still clogged or not, it's still a little lump and sore, but I'm not sure what the soreness is coming from exactly.

So for those of you who have used this for either clogged ducts or bite marks, how soon should I see some results?

Just a little heads up, Keflex I think is a sulfur based antibiotic. But whatever kind it is I learned after the first time I took it to go ahead and buy a round of Monistat at the pharmacy the next time I was getting the script. Itchy-itchy-ooo-ooo Hope you feel better soon!
    Kristie
    Wife to Chris 11/09/02
    Mommy to Kaycee Elaine 6/15/07
    with baby girl Emily Taylor due 8/08/09