Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need help please

Default Re: need help please

my son is 3wk old tomorrow i was induced at 36 weeks, he weighted 8lb 12oz i had gestational diabetes, from his birth he has not been able to latch the hospital i was at doesnt provide LC so i was left with no help, anyhow i have tried at every feeding to get him to latch and he just wont i got the nipple sheild and it works wonders but it caused the mastatis, so i have been pumping from birth, i am only getting 2 oz total per session. he now weighs 9lb 8oz. he is having 7 or more wet diapers per day, wgen i started pumping i had the evenflo comfort select then after 3 days the motor went out so now i have an avent isis and its great but not getting out all milk. i pump every 2.5-3 hrs for 15minutes each side then an extra 5 minutes. it takes me 4 to 5 hours to get 1 feeding fir him.

Quote Originally Posted by leighahh
    my son is 3wk old tomorrow i was induced at 36 weeks, he weighted 8lb 12oz i had gestational diabetes, from his birth he has not been able to latch the hospital i was at doesnt provide LC so i was left with no help, anyhow i have tried at every feeding to get him to latch and he just wont i got the nipple sheild and it works wonders but it caused the mastatis, so i have been pumping from birth, i am only getting 2 oz total per session. he now weighs 9lb 8oz. he is having 7 or more wet diapers per day, wgen i started pumping i had the evenflo comfort select then after 3 days the motor went out so now i have an avent isis and its great but not getting out all milk. i pump every 2.5-3 hrs for 15minutes each side then an extra 5 minutes. it takes me 4 to 5 hours to get 1 feeding fir him.
    Is this the pump you had?
    http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B00015QGKC
    Please call the manufacturer and ask for your money back! No pump should give out so quickly.

For future reference, note that breast pumps sold by companies that also make baby feeding supplies/formula usually don't have the mother's best interest at heart. They often cause more problems than they fix.

i had that one but it was just the single one, i finally got him to latch on the breast but now he is frustrated when he does im not sure why but he does he acts like its not coming out fast enough or its coming out to fast, not sure, anyhow i want to nurse for as long as i can i am still only getting 2 ounces per session what can i do to boost my pumping supply?

Just remember, baby is always better expresser than pump. JUst because you only get 2oz when you pump doesn't mean that's all he gets when he nurses. Your getting 2oz on that breast AFTER he feeds right? So it sounds like your working it out. When ever he cries at the breast squeeze and make sure there's milk. If it squirts out it's prbably over active letdown and your baby will learn to deal with a strong letdown. If it's a trickle or a drip,than try actually squeezing while it's in his mouth to help him not to be frusterated. Definately sounds like your on track!