Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: prepping/storing sweet potato + other foods

Default prepping/storing sweet potato + other foods

I'm interested in offering my boy some sweet potato. I plan to bake/peel (or, scoop, rather), combine with bm and offer it to him with a spoon.

could I also slice into fry-shaped pieces and offer as a finger food? He's just over 6 months and has tried avocado + banana.

As for storing---what do I do?
    I would like to scoop out the "meat" from one whole sweet potato, then store the rest for later eats.
    Good idea? How to? Bad idea? Prepare fresh each time?

Thanks.
    ... mama to alasdair jonas, fifteen days late and (finally) born all natural on june 24, 2007.

check out my organic baby goods: www.inkpony.etsy.com
    and coming along with using cloth dipes.yay.

Default Re: prepping/storing sweet potato + other foods

Great food choice! DD LOVES sweet potatoes! If he is fedding himself frech fry shapes owrk great or small cubes. If you are pureeing you can store in fridge for 3 days or freeze for months. i used the glad mini tupperware and froze tons of baby food.
    Proud wife to Pete, 5-9-04
    Proud 1st time mom to Lilly 2-1-07 born at 36 weeks, 5lbs 1 oz, au natural!

http://www.lillybugdesigns.com
    Handmade accessories for mom and baby
    All made with love, and by hand[/COLOR]

Hannah LOVES sweet potatoes! we cook them, mash them up and then put them into ice cube trays to freeze. Once they are frozen I empty them into a tupperware and keep them in the freezer until we use them.
    we just mash our potatoes so that it is still possible for her to take little bits and feed them to herself if she wants to.

well, I offered Alasdair sweet potatoes (prepared by baking for 40 minutes, then mushing + combining with bm).
    he gagged and puked up after two itty bitty bites.

maybe he's not ready?

he eats mushed up avocado and banana. it seemed like the mushed up sweet potatoes had a thicker consistency.
    ... mama to alasdair jonas, fifteen days late and (finally) born all natural on june 24, 2007.

check out my organic baby goods: www.inkpony.etsy.com
    and coming along with using cloth dipes.yay.

It's round on the ends and high in the middle

My DD gagged the first time she ate sweet potatos. I think the consistency was too stringy. The next time I made them I put them in the food processor so they were really smooth. That worked MUCH better and now it's one of her fave foods. Maybe that would work for your LO too.

Jessica
    Fancy Momma to the Divine Miss M, 2/15/07 BF'ed for 17 months!
    Currently TTC Baby #2

Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies - Damn it, you've got to be kind. - Kurt Vonnegut