Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: strangest things they have eaten?

Default Re: strangest things they have eaten?

Oh, I forgot about papr. Nora loves to eat it. She seems to enjoy tearing it with her teeth more than anything else, which just sets my nerves on edge. I'm so afraid she'll get a papercut!
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Just wanted you to know that seaweed has a lot of nutritional value. It's an excellent source of iron. Never really had it fried though. It's cute that your dd has an international palette.

Paper, loves paper. Garlicky pickles (what's up with the pickles?), and he loves to chew on our dog's toys. One day I went in and found him chewing on one end of a toy and her chewing on the other end. At least they were sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas's Mum View Post
    One day I went in and found him chewing on one end of a toy and her chewing on the other end. At least they were sharing.
    I wish you had a picture!
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Paper. Pickled herring. Dog food. Dirt. Rocks. Leaves. Fishcakes from the Korean restaurant that are drowning in red pepper flakes.

What's weird is that DD dislikes traditional baby foods like bananas, rice cereal, mashed potatoes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pigpen777 View Post
    ds eats anything. and, i mean anything. rocks, dirt, lint (this is a fave!), carpet, paper of all kinds, grass, bugs, pretty much anything that fits into his mouth. and, yes, i'm sure if given the chance that he would eat poo!

Logan is the same way. His favorite is paper. Today he sampled the grass at the park.... I was like WOW look there's a GOAT at the park. Oh wait that's my baby eating grass.

The only thing that he hates in his mouth is food. Ew ew ew.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Our son is a little gourmand and loves very intense flavors, he dislikes bananas, avacado, mac and cheese, and other plain/unseasoned foods.

His favorites?

- lamb tikka masala (he will like the plate clean!)
    - chili
    - shrimp and ham jambalaya
    - goat cheese
    - tart fruits such as pomegranate seeds, lemons, grapefruit
    - loves, loves, loves garlic pickles
    - hard salami

I craved a wide variety of very spicy foods when I was pregnant. I ate really spicy Mexican food three days in a row and it didn't solve the craving, figured out a week later I was pregnant!
    Last edited by LunaticLibrarian; January 4th, 2008 at 10:04 PM.

What discriminating taste your son has.
    Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by NorasMommy View Post
    Oh, I forgot about papr. Nora loves to eat it.
    Abby and Nora have similar tastes, she loves eating my nose too! And paper is her favorite. Especially price tags. My hair is another favorite around here. And she loves licking my cordoroys.

But real food? I was shocked that she loves asparagus. She tears it up into shreads and raises it above her head while jabbering, "buh-buh-buh- mah-nien-BUH!" and then gets back to work eating it. She also likes pickles but makes a horrible face after every bite. Cranberries, green apples, sauerkraut... I guess she likes sour. She will eat anything except broccoli. The broccoli doesn't even make it in the mouth. Weird because I love broccoli and ate a lot of it while PG.

Quote Originally Posted by MommyLuvsU View Post
    The only thing that he hates in his mouth is food. Ew ew ew.

I hear you there!!!!!