Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: strangest things they have eaten?

Default strangest things they have eaten?

Okay I know I'm probably opening this up to answers like Cat Poop and dirt, but what is the strangest thing your kid has had to eat?

This may not sound strange, but my 16 month old refuses most foods unless they are pureed with the exception of most carbs (bread, pizza, grilled cheese, toast, crackers) and banana. We have tried everything. So the other night we were out for Sushi, and gave her the cooked items like rice, cooked beef, mushrooms, and some tempura. We figured she wouldn't touch the stuff.. well surprise surprise she eat the SEAWEED TEMPURA . I was like you got to be kidding me kid you reffuse chicken and pears but THIS you will eat. I am not cooking this at home, I'm not even sure if its good for her (the whole deep fried thing and all) not sure how much nutritional value there is in seaweed. Oh well at least she tried something new
    Kim

Claire 08/27/06 7lbs 11 onces 21 in.
    Addison (Addi) 10/17/08 8lbs 11 ounces 21 in.

Default Re: strangest things they have eaten?

my dd liked sticks and that junk that comes off the carpet...

WE're not too wierd over here -- just pickles. He LOVES pickles.

Jack'sMum is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

seaweed isn't seaweed, it's cabbage!

DS will not eat mushy food. He likes things that stay in one piece when he picks them up.

but he spent ages chewing on the outside of a dried fig earlier (i ate the seedy middle bit)

and he still loves dry cornflakes!

dog food......gotta lock it up now....poor pup
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!

Nora used to (and still does occasionally) try to eat my nose. I'm not sure why, but it seemed to be a source of endless fascination for her.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

My LO got ahold of a clove of garlic the other day when I was making dinner. She Loved it and chewed on it on the side where she is teething. I did eat alot of garlic when prego.
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

ds eats anything. and, i mean anything. rocks, dirt, lint (this is a fave!), carpet, paper of all kinds, grass, bugs, pretty much anything that fits into his mouth. and, yes, i'm sure if given the chance that he would eat poo!
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

Quote Originally Posted by pigpen777 View Post
    ds eats anything. and, i mean anything. rocks, dirt, lint (this is a fave!), carpet, paper of all kinds, grass, bugs, pretty much anything that fits into his mouth. and, yes, i'm sure if given the chance that he would eat poo!
    Sounds like a certain child of mine . Her new favourite is my hair - she'll stick it in her mouth and pulls it out real slow, then does it again and again. Then she cries when I try to take it away.