Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Stuffy nose...............

Default Stuffy nose...............

And once again................
    First let me let you know that I know that stuffy noses are common in LO's. But that is not what I am dealing with here.
    Wyatt was in the hospital for 3 days with RSV . He has been home for a week now today and has not really been coughing and has been eating well again. But he is getting a stuffy nose again. This is making it hard for him to eat. I have tried using the aspirator to clear his nose, but still cant get it all. Any other tips on how to loosen up his congestion, then use the aspirator to try again to clear him up more.
    I am hoping that he doesnt end back up in the hosiptal because that is no fun for him or me. And it is scary. The largest key is getting him to remain eating well. So PLEASE throw me some advice!
    TIA
    Tosha

Default Re: Stuffy nose...............

Have you tried saline nose drops? That really helped mine with her suffy nose!

No I havent. Those are safe for LO's? I guess I can give that a try. Just like a drop in each side? Do you let it set for a few minutes?
    Thanks
    Tosha

It's about the only safe thing you can use on a lo that age, as such it was all my dr could give us. A drop or two on each side 15 mins before feeding was what I was told to do. Helped loosen everything up so she could sneeze it out. Hope your lo feels better soon!

Thanks for that advice! I think I may have some here already too, otherwise I will run out and get some!
    Thanks again
    Tosha

Yes, Little Noses makes saline drops... it is usually the only thing a doc will let you give a small baby. It should help! Good luck.
    Becca SAHM to
    Veronica 10/31/05

and Preston 10/28/07

<--- me!
    (I love this smiley!)

I finally got on Facebook! If anyone wants to be my
    friend.