Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: cereal for 11 month old

Default cereal for 11 month old

My baby boy is 11 month old now and i give him cereal twice a day, since few dayz he is asking for more to feed should i give him cereal 3 times a day? or should i serve him some baby snack instead of cereal.

It's round on the ends and high in the middle

Default Re: cereal for 11 month old

You could try lots of other things, like bananas, avocados, squash, sweet potatos, potatos, blueberries, apples or pears.
    My LO started with some cereal at the beginning of introducing solids, but we started adding new foods pretty regularly. I would try something else, making sure to wait before about 4-5 days between new foods to monitor for any possible allergy concerns.

Jessica
    Fancy Momma to the Divine Miss M, 2/15/07 BF'ed for 17 months!
    Currently TTC Baby #2

Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies - Damn it, you've got to be kind. - Kurt Vonnegut

I give dd (11 mo old) cheerios, puffs(available in baby food section), and the baby freeze dried fruits for snacks. Or I will eat and apple or pear and let her gnaw on the core-I make sure there is plenty of fruit left on for her to eat. She LOVES to do that. I think it helps with teething too. Not sure how long you have ben doing solids, but we haven't done actual baby food in about 2 months. She eats what we eat with the few exceptions. I'm sure your LO would like some different snacks, good luck!
    Proud wife to Pete, 5-9-04
    Proud 1st time mom to Lilly 2-1-07 born at 36 weeks, 5lbs 1 oz, au natural!

http://www.lillybugdesigns.com
    Handmade accessories for mom and baby
    All made with love, and by hand[/COLOR]

My DD is also 11 mos. I agree with the previous posters. Let him try different foods.
    Hi! I'm Shelley!
    Feeling like a and lovin' it!
    Cloth Diapering Convert

Married DH 8/5/2000
    DS 2/25/03 Always making me laugh!
    DD 1/23/07 Loves to Breastfed 15 months with no end in sight!

Here's a link that may help you with ideas on other things to try, as well as things to keep in mind when trying new things. Here's another. Dr Sears has some great ideas here and a full page of links here, as well.

Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

thanx alot guyz for all your response. i will sure try these tips and hope my baby would love it too.