Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Wanted to say thank you...

Default Wanted to say thank you...

To all of the ladies who have responded to my posts and also to the ones that I see responding to other posts...

You are all so very encouraging!! While you all know (and I know too!) that breastfeeding is best, you don't critisize people who are either breastfeeding and supplementing with formula or those who are formula feeding only... I have only seen loving words and encouragment to people who are struggling with their new little ones and who only want to do what is best for their babies.

I breastfeed during the day and supplement with formula at night and have gotten some heavy critisism from "friends" who think that the only good way is their way. Everything I have gotten from here has been gentle and kind and not overly opinionated and for the most part I've noticed the same for other posts.

I believe that each mom knows what is best for her own child and herself...everyone wants to do what is good for their child, but we have to do what is good for us as well, because an unhappy and stressed mom doesn't make for a happy baby, and we should all enjoy this time as much as we can!!

Sorry to ramble, but I really am very impressed with the ladies here.

Thank you for making me feel welcome and for letting me know that I am doing a good job no matter what. I need to hear that every so often.

Default Re: Wanted to say thank you...

I have to agree!! As a soon to be mom of 2 that couldn't BF my 1st, I have never been critized! Only encouraged! Great group here!!

I agree...I'm new here, but no one has freaked out over the use of formula. Not so that I've noticed anyway. Worst thing you can do is scare someone away, especially a new mom!!

awww! You guys are so sweet. As a LLL baby who grew up in the organization, it was suprising and concerning to learn not too long ago that in some circles, LLL has the stereotype of "nipple nazis". It is encouraging to hear such beautiful comments. Please spread the word where you can about your positive experiences and keep coming back not only to get support, but to offer your support to other moms-- that's what LLL is really about! Enjoy your little ones!
    Kristie L.
    LLL Leader
    (the poster formerly known as fezzik812)
    Wife to Brett, Mommy to Seamus (5.1.05), and Emelie (1.18.08)
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Ghandi

Kristie I have to be honest and tell you that is what I heard about LLL too! But I decided to find out for myself and I have to say it is so far from the truth. By attending LLL meetings I have gotten so much support and understanding! No judging at all!

I have to agree with everything you all said. This site & the women who post here are so uplifting, encouraging & supportive. I truly don't think I could have made it through the 1st most difficult weeks w/out you all's support and I know exactly where I need to turn when I hit the next difficult stage. Thank you to all who listen, encourage, teach, and share---you make a difference and that is why we are here.