Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Falling asleep at the breast.. still!

Default Falling asleep at the breast.. still!

My 22 month old has decided to start falling asleep at the breast again (Having been sending herself to sleep before Christmas) and I want to know if Im the only one this is happening to, is it a problem and do I need to do anything about it or will she stop when shes ready?

Shes not a great sleeper and wakes a few times a night for "mummys milk" - has a quick feed and goes straight off again.

Id love to hear from other people with your experiences, advice etc and look forward to your replies.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Falling asleep at the breast.. still!

No advice - but I wanted to let you know I am in the same boat - and happliy there I might add. Granted some nights I would really like it if she just fell asleep all by herself so I could spend some time with hubby - but I know that this will only last so long - and when she looks at me and says "mommy, can you get out of my bed? You're too big and hot." (something my 4 year old said the other night) I'll be glad I spent those years peacefully sharing that time together....

I remember those days well and Madison was 2 when she weaned... as I would nurse and then she would fall asleep. I started to nurse her and then let DH actually put her to sleep and then I would just pat her but she cosleeps and is getting ready to go to her Big Girl room... soon....

You can try "Pantley's Gentle Remover": When she is just dozing off, take her off the breast, if she gets upset, put her on again, wait a wee while, take her off again and so on, till she falls asleep without the breast. Good luck!

LLLJacqui is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

My DD nursed to sleep at night until she was 3 years and 4 months old. I just didn't do anything before that... It was then that I was PG and it was just too sore to have her nursing at all. We then moved to going to sleep by snuggling. She wasn't real thrilled about it for about a week, but it's been many months now and she doesn't ask to nurse at all... though, she has occasionally patted my breasts and just smiled at me.

Jacqui