Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avacado

Default Avacado

At what age is it safe to try introducing some mashed avacado? DD just turned 6 months and has been trying some baby food for about three weeks now.
    Amber
    Mommy to Bridget (12/20/05) and Brady (9/6/07)

Default Re: Avacado

I think many moms introduce avocado as a first food, so I would think six months would be fine.

Thanks! I might try that as her next food. I just worry any time I give her anything because she's an allergy baby... I don't know how allergic avacado is.
    Amber

never heard of avo being an allergen, but for some, EVERYTHING is an allergen. but it is a good first food

Quote Originally Posted by majikfaerie
    for some, EVERYTHING is an allergen.
    This is true! I have heard of a guy who was alergic to rice for goodness sake! And more than one person who was alergic to bananas. And a bf baby who was reacting to yams in his mother's diet.

Well, we just tried the avacado and she LOVED it! So far no reactions, cross your fingers for me!
    Amber

Mushed avacado is better than jarred baby food (most natural mushed foods are though).

Avacado is the ONLY thing mine will eat and she's 9 months old

Dd loves avocado and the best part about it - you can get a slice of avocado at a lot of restaurants! I love Mexican food and it is nice to go out and take along some cheerios or something and have Em's avocado brought to the table with our meals. She looks so grown up and excited when it arrives!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Ann
    you can get a slice of avocado at a lot of restaurants! I love Mexican food and it is nice to go out and take along some cheerios or something and have Em's avocado brought to the table with our meals. She looks so grown up and excited when it arrives!
    having the waiters bring something for the Little ones when the food is served is a great way to have happy kids in restuarants (which is, for anyone who still remembers being a kid, often BORING!)

Default Re: Avocado

Thanks to all for your replies! I am pretty sure that avocado is now DD's favorite food! Not only has it not caused any allergic outbreaks in her, I think it might have actually helped her skin (maybe from the good fats it contains??). Her skin is SO healthy looking now and that's saying a lot since she has eczema!
    Amber