Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Teething?

Question Teething?

I think my lo is starting to teeth...he's only 3 1/2 mo but he drools up a storm and wants to chew chew chew...not just suck but actually gnaw on things like my hand or towels I give to him. I tried to find a teething ring that would fit him but I can't seem to find one that isn't 6+months. He won't keep a paci in his mouth so that's out of the question....any suggestions?

Default Re: Teething?

Mine cut his first teeth at 4 months so it's possible.

Along the lines of the towel you're already doing... if you can't find a teething ring or other teether that you like, you could give a clean washcloth - or some have even made part of if slightly damp then put it in the freezer to give it a little chill.

Oh, boy have I been there! My LO started the chewing / drooling at just over 2 months and the first tooth broke through when he was 3.5 months.
    He never took a paci either, but a friend had given me a Soothie (this was just before you could buy them in stores) to try, and he really enjoyed gnawing on it (even though he never sucked on it!)

We also had some links that had a rubbery coating on them (I think we got them at Babies R Us) that worked really well. Little man could hold on to those pretty well, and gnaw on them!

Hope you find something that works -- oh - and get some good bibs! I didn't have many since he was EBF, but we went through TONS once he started teething!
    Katherine
    My boys (both hypnobirths!):
    N 12/24/05 - birth center baby; nursed until Dec. 2007
    G 3/21/08 - we had a wonderful homebirth!!! - still nursing

Oh - one more idea -- we also had a couple of Teether Babies (by Munchkin) they are like little stuffed animals with rubbery hands / feet that are great for chewing, and I'm pretty sure they're for newborns and up.
    Katherine
    My boys (both hypnobirths!):
    N 12/24/05 - birth center baby; nursed until Dec. 2007
    G 3/21/08 - we had a wonderful homebirth!!! - still nursing

My lo stopped taking a paci a few weeks ago, but he loves he soothie to chew on....
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

we found that a small, soft washcloth placed inside a mesh feeder (usually used for food, not teething), then dampened and placed in the freezer ... worked wonders.
    once frozen we take it out, wet it, give it to alasdair---and he's sooo happy, and relieved.
    ... mama to alasdair jonas, fifteen days late and (finally) born all natural on june 24, 2007.

check out my organic baby goods: www.inkpony.etsy.com
    and coming along with using cloth dipes.yay.

Thanks for the tips! We have a mesh feeder so I'm definitly going to try the frozen tiny washclothe in it!