Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Lots of contradicting advice

Default Lots of contradicting advice

So I am trying BLW as well as doing some purees here and there. Pretty much Logan won't eat anything - except for stuff he's not supposed to. By that I mean, if I am holding him and am eating anything from my toast in the morning to a cookie after dinner - man he goes crazy.

As for "baby foods" such as foods from a jar, not so much. That little piece of banana or pear - hmmm, it's ok.

So I just joined the forum for one of the popularly recommended BLW websites and it has all these pictures of these babies eating spaghetti. Wait a minute - tomatoes? pasta? I'm also getting links to articles that give ideas for first BLW foods that I have ready elsewhere to be "no-no's" for infants at this age. What gives?
    Married to DH in 2006

New mama to Logan 6/15

We are figuring this baby thing out day by day!

Jack'sMum is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: Lots of contradicting advice

A lot of those may be British. In the UK, we're allowed to give baby tomatoes, dairy, wheat after 6 months, not a year like it is across the atlantic.

(although we're following the US way as DS is allergic to dairy!)

I always find Ds is more interested in my fiood too. So sometimes I pretend that his food is my food and he's suddenly a lot more interested. We share a bowl of dry cereal, fruit, etc and he loves it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack'sMum View Post
    A lot of those may be British. In the UK, we're allowed to give baby tomatoes, dairy, wheat after 6 months, not a year like it is across the atlantic.

(although we're following the US way as DS is allergic to dairy!)

I always find Ds is more interested in my fiood too. So sometimes I pretend that his food is my food and he's suddenly a lot more interested. We share a bowl of dry cereal, fruit, etc and he loves it!
    I do the same thing! If he's disinterested in what he's eating I take a little taste and all of the sudden he wants to gobble it up! Isn't that funny?

And for the OP, maybe you can try giving him things he can feed himself? Or try to at least? My LO loves picking up little pieces off of his tray and putting them in his mouth. Sometimes more successfully than others. It's scary how independent they want to be at such a young age! I mash bananas and avocado right up on his tray and let him have at it. It's messy, but fun to watch.
    Proud Mama to Noah Michael and Baby Charlie

I tried showing him that his food was good too with some Gerber plums & apples because I really did think it was good. He wasn't impressed.

This is Logan eating his mashed banana on Christmas day.

Wow that's a huge picture! I'm just new to photobucket. Oops!
    Last edited by Kimba217; January 3rd, 2008 at 11:53 AM. Reason: I am trying to fix the HUGE picture!
    Married to DH in 2006

New mama to Logan 6/15

We are figuring this baby thing out day by day!