Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: My 3 week old cried during a feeding

Default My 3 week old cried during a feeding

Hello All! I am new to this forum and have a 3 week old daughter. She has been breastfeeding like a champ since day 1 and I love doing it. This morning for her morning feeding she only ate for about 6 minutes on one side and then when I switched to the other she started crying when trying to latch and turned away (this happened twice). Her next feeding is in an hour and I hope this doesn't happen again. Could it be a stomach ache? She had the hiccups prior to feeding....

Thanks in Advance!!

Default Re: My 3 week old cried during a feeding

it could be a little air got into her stomach. you could always pat her on the back and little and then try again.
    other than that i don't think that i would be worried. just be sure to watch for the total number of wets and poops to be where they should be.

and, i wouldnt watch the clock. you said that you will try to feed her again in an hour - or that was the next scheduled feeding time...
    i really really really encourage you to throw the clock out the window for the next few months. watch your baby and let her tell you when she wants to nurse. sometimes it will be 2 hours between feeds and sometimes it will be 30 minutes. but, if you let her lead you, you cannot go wrong.

keep at it mom. you can do it.

Default Re: My 3 week old cried during a feeding

Quote Originally Posted by RTG5678 View Post
    i really really really encourage you to throw the clock out the window for the next few months. watch your baby and let her tell you when she wants to nurse. sometimes it will be 2 hours between feeds and sometimes it will be 30 minutes. but, if you let her lead you, you cannot go wrong.

keep at it mom. you can do it.