Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LC stressing me about baby's weight gain

Default Re: LC stressing me about baby's weight gain

It sounds to me like your "mommy meter" is up and running accurately. What I mean by that is that you feel like your baby is fine, but someone else is telling you that she's not (which is clearly false). Listen to your instincts when it comes to your child. Even "experts" can be wrong.

I confess that I'm not a member of LLL--I joined this forum when my youngest was nearly weaned--but I disagree about LLL being a bunch of breastfeeding nazis. LLL has a wide variety of members, which vary from group to group. You might find that LLL is a more appropriate support group for you.

Good luck!

I SHOULD print off that link for her..or email it to her!!

I think I should find a local LLL meeting or something else. I've tried to tune her out but it is getting ridiculous.

I know she is wrong about LLL. She said they are against any type of false nipple and against pumping. I read "The Woman Art of Breastfeeding" which is put out by LLL and it is nothing like that!!!! In fact that book is even more positive about the fact that my daughter still has to use a nipple shield sometimes than the LC is!!
    Proud Mom to Natalie Morgan! Born 10-29-07
    **WE'VE MADE IT BEYOND 6 MONTHS BFING!!!

I wonder if she is IBCLC or if she is Hospital Certified? I know at the hospitals around where I live that they offer classes for Nurses and techs that can make the certified within hospital to do certain jobs. However, they cannot take the title to a different hospital. I went to similar meetings prior to returning to work. They would only weigh the babies once unless the mother requested before/after #s . You could always decline the offer to have your baby weighed. She does not seem very supportive to me. to you Momma.

Formerly known as Huntersmomma
    Momma to 3 yr old Hunter proudly breast fed until 2 & 1/2
    Expecting baby #2, Due in Jan 2011

Yes, IBCLC is really the cream of the crop when it comes to LC's, and it's quite a rigorous process to become certified. There are truly very few of these. Many hospitals do not have IBCLC's on staff, but almost all have an LC on staff.