Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is baby teething?

Default Is baby teething?

How can you tell if your baby is teething? The last few days my 3 month old has been fussy and chewing on his sleeve alot, actually chewing on everything. Sometimes he seems to whimpering like he's in pain and it wakes him up from his nap. My mom thinks he's teething but I'm not sure. Is 3 months too early to teethe? Usually, I can tell when he's hungry by stroking his cheek or if he's sucking on his hand. But, I've been having a hard time since he wants to put everything in his mouth now even after he's eaten. I think he still is getting enough to eat because he sleeps at night... its just during the day he's like this.

Default Re: Is baby teething?

sounds like teething to me! my ds started at around 3mo and he now at 13 mo has 14 teeth! good luck!!
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

Did you do anything to help soothe the discomfort?

yup. tylenol and hylands teething tablets. they work great!! some babes like to chew on frozen washcloths, too. hth
    Lisa
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

almost forgot, i was told by my ped to stay away from the numbing agents, like oragel. just fyi!
    Lisa
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

Ok. That's great info, esp about the orajel. My husband just brought up trying it. Thanks!

mine had some teething pain starting at 8 weeks... just for a few days, then nothing until last week (4 months) when it started up again. At 8 weeks, nurse said any age is possible - some babies are even born with them. Also said she will likely have symptoms for a month or 2 before actually cutting a tooth.

How were you able to tell it was teething pain? Did you do anything for the discomfort?

2 white bumps on her lower jaw!
    also chewing on everything, gnawing on her paci instead of sucking, slight fever

i used tylenol the first time around (she couldn't figure out the teethers - too young.) this time tteethers in the fridge have been GREAT! just bought hyland's teething tablets, but haven't tried them yet.