Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Leaving LO

Default Leaving LO

Sorry if this has already been addressed in a previous thread...

How long can you really go without a feeding at this stage of the breastfeeding relationship (LO is almost 20 months old)? I've never been away for more than four hours, and I'd like to leave a little longer once in awhile, you know for dinner AND a movie(!), but I really don't want to interrupt my supply, if that's possible. I greatly appreciate any info!

"Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Wife to my wonderful Simon
    Parenting my sweet Noah born 5.2.06 from the heart

http://www.normalizebreastfeeding.com

Default Re: Leaving LO

I have been Away from DJ 5days a week for 8hours a day since 14months with no supply issues. The longest I have even been away was for my DH Christmas party. I nursed him at 8:30 am and wasn't home until midnight. Right in time to nurse him when he woke up for the 1st time. He fell alseep waiting for me. So that's more than 12hours. Dinner AND the movie is totally doable!!

Way too lazy for formula

I agree - once in a while shouldn't hurt it - and if it was a regular thing, your body will adjust accordingly

Go out and see that movie and eat some grub!!! (wish I could ) (BTW it's nice to "see' ya )
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Thanks mamas! Good to see you again It's been so long!

Well, now I feel slightly paranoid, yet relieved at the same time by your posts! I'm just so not ready to quit, and neither is Noah, that I would hate to think that my leaving him might ruin this lovely supply we worked so hard to achieve!

But then I have to forget all the BS I've read and heard and remember that our bodies are amazing and they DO adjust...and the fact that Noah is so in love with the nummies tells me that even if I went longer without nursing him, he would make DARN sure that he was getting what he needed from me the next day and the next day etc!! and all night too!!! I think he's "slept through the night" once, and that was seven hours, and of course I woke up grabbing my boobs to see if they were engorged. So yeah, we're still nursing through the night.

Happy nursing! Thanks for appeasing me. I'll let you know how Atonement and dinner and maybe a little somethin somethin in the backseat goes!!

"Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Wife to my wonderful Simon
    Parenting my sweet Noah born 5.2.06 from the heart

http://www.normalizebreastfeeding.com

I went away for a three day weekend! Crawled into bed when I got home and my lo 2 1/2 at the time woke up just enough to latch on.
    She didnt miss it but resumed right where she was when I got back.

GO OUT WOMAN!! and relax & have fun :-)