Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help! Exclusive pumping and relactation

Default Help! Exclusive pumping and relactation

Hello, I am a new member here and I am not sure if this is where I need to post but I am currently pumping to try and relactate for my 8 month old son. We have had a 6 month break from breastfeeding so I know this will be hard. I was an exclusive pumper and I had problems with my supply. I had an over supply at first and then my supply severely dropped. I know my son will not be able to latch (he has never been able to and has only been able to use one type of bottle since he was born) but I would love to give pumping another try. Do you have any advice? How often should I pump? I am taking fenugreek now, but I don't want to take an prescription drugs... I have read all of the articles but none really seem to apply to my situation. Thanks!

Default Re: Help! Exclusive pumping and relactation

I relactated after a 2 week break due to a medical condition.

I was advised by my LC to pump every 2 hours, at first I got nothing, but it slowly came back. It took about a month and was hard. I would pump just for 10 mins each time, since the LC said it is all about the stimulation. I also used heat and massage. I took Fenugreek, Mothers Milk tea, and Milk Thistle tea.

I wish you a lot of luck! Just know that it can be done and you can do it.