Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: what should i do?

Unhappy what should i do?

I am having a problem. I have a 5 week-old baby girl, and I have been breastfeeding since she was born but on sunday I had to stop. my nipples were raw and bleeding.That is the most painful thing ever. So I have been giving her formula and hate it. I felt so guilty. Now my nipples are still too raw to breastfeed (I've tried), so I am tring to pump but nothing comes out. I can bearly get an ounce of milk. I am using a hand pump and i have tied everything. I hold and cuddle her like if she was feeding but it doesn't help. I don't know what else to do. I don't want to keep giving her that formula. It stinks! Plus I really love how conected I feel to Ziyana(my baby) when I feed her and she looks up at me. HELP!!!

Default Re: what should i do?

I had open sores on both my nipple and the bled and it was awful painful and i used the shield but it still hurt and I went months with nothing working and my midwife suggested putting corn starch on my nipples after each feeding and my sores went away 3 days after I started doing that and I've been nursing pain free now for months.