Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BF poop stains !!!!

Default Re: BF poop stains !!!!

I have never had a problem with Shout stain pre treater! I am VERY generous with it though and soak it a little while before washing, occasionally it doesnt come out in the first wash, so without drying it, i put it through a second wash and again apply a generous application of shout and it gets out and my frequently "Blowout baby" I havent had to throwout any outfits (knock on wood!!!!)
    -Katie

-Wife to Joe 5-15-04
    -First time mom to Courtney Ann 8-12-07
    -Became a mom of 2: Brendan Joseph was born 01-08-09
    -Breastfed both of them for one whole year
    -Now a new mom of 3: Emily Theresa born 12-14-11
    -Breastfeeding again and hope to go the full year!

I've always had great results with Dreft stain remover
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

i soak and srub in cold water andthen shout the area and then wash it with tide....
    • First time mommy to Alyssa Nicole 7 lbs. 19 3/4 in. born 10/17/07 via c-section.

finally off the since 10/24/08

We made it, 12 months!!!!!!!!

Donated 500 oz. so far, and counting...

2 weeks - 7 lbs 6 oz.
    2 months - 10 lbs.
    4 months - 12 lbs. 3 oz.
    6 months - 14 lbs. 1 oz.
    9 months - 16 lbs. 7 oz.
    12 months - 18 lbs. 10 oz.

When DS was born my sister (mother of 3) instructed DH on how to get the poop out. We scrub the area with liquid hand soap and cold water, then put some laundry detergent directly on the stain right before washing. Don't miss having to do that for multiple outfits in a week...

Faerie Fertile Guest

Soaking in a solution of Dreft and warm water (or liquid Dreft directly on the stain) has worked for me. Though, as another poster pointed out, just plain ol' sunshine is a very effective "bleaching" method.

my mother was able to get the poop stains out of my baby's clothes by rubbing in some dawn dishwashing liquid, then rinsing it out with cold water before machine-washing...before that, i just lowered my standards
    Last edited by MomToSnacker; January 2nd, 2008 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I-Man's Momma View Post
    When DS was born my sister (mother of 3) instructed DH on how to get the poop out. We scrub the area with liquid hand soap and cold water, then put some laundry detergent directly on the stain right before washing. Don't miss having to do that for multiple outfits in a week...
    Dawn, lots of dawn, a tooth brush, and elbow grease. I haven't tried this with set in stains, but works wonders for fresh.

WE used to have tons of blow outs, until we switched to cloth.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

I found a sample can of stain remover on my laundry room shelf (no clue how it got there, and I'm usually very tidy, must have been DH) and it's the only thing I've found useful for poop stains. Apparently it's an Amway product. I bought more on eBay. Search 'SA8 Solutions Prewash Spray'. DD often came home from dc with poop stains before we realized that Bummis diaper covers work great over the top of disposables to keep the poop in (our dc provider won't do cd, but she doesn't mind the diaper cover). Just spray the stain and let it sit for a few days (I love it, no soaking in water!) Just before throwing the clothes in the wash, spray it one more time. Occasionally I have to repeat the process again, but I have never had to wash an item more than twice to get the stains out. This has kept our baby clothes beautiful and stain free! P.S. I promise I don't sell Amway or have any affiliation. This spray is just really good stuff!
    Mommy to 2 beautiful girls!
    DD1
    7-16-07 (birth) 6lb 8oz 19 in
    1-25-08 (6 mo) 14lb 2oz 25.5 in
    4-25-08 (9 mo) 16lb 0oz 27.5 in
    7-21-08 (12 mo) 16lb 8oz 27.75 in
    BF until 2 years old and still a peanut!
    DD2
    4-30-10 (birth) 6lb 11oz 18 in
    7-02-10 (2 mo) 11lb 0oz 21 in
    9-07-10 (4 mo) 12lb 13oz 24.75 in
    2-04-11 (9 mo) 13lb 8oz 27 in
    and at work

and at home and daycare