Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BF poop stains !!!!

Default BF poop stains !!!!

Okay i need help im at a loss, i have countless outfits of my LO that have bf poop stains, she has blow outs often and on no sort of schedule and i cant get the stains off!! no matter how soon i try rinsing and stain removers they just stay its super poop or something and today im holding her and well my new jeans now i have a pretty yellow spot on them and i cant get it off , i hate shopping and the time i finally buck it up and go shopping she ruins them anyone have a magical stain remover ?

Default Re: BF poop stains !!!!

Sunshine! Hang the stained stuff in the sun, it works wonders. Some add a little lemon juice to the stains first.

~*Allee*~

Damon 8/5/99 Heaven 7/24/01 Jasmine 7/20/07

Soaking in Tide was the best remedy I found - but there were often still stains. Maybe baking soda? I dunno...

But...this is a good opportunity for me to plug cloth diapers! (Those of us on this forum who cloth diaper take any chance we can get get to sing the praises of using them! ) We were having 3-4 blow-outs/day before cloth. Once I switched to cloth diapers --> 2 blow-outs total! (1 was because I was new to it and hadn't put the dipe on correctly, the other was because the dipe wasn't tight enough.)

Good luck!
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky

ooo how i want to go to cloth, ive been wanting to, im still trying to get DH on board. ill try sunshine and baking soda in a few minutes ive got a lil comfort nurser stuck to me right now

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy's Mommy View Post

Sunshine! Hang the stained stuff in the sun, it works wonders. Some add a little lemon juice to the stains first.
    This is what I was trying to remember...duh!
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky

If you click on 'User CP' in the upper left corner, and then click "Group Memberships' at the bottom of the list that comes up, you can join the Cloth Diapering forum here and learn everything you need to know.

(But I'll tell you now that if buy some pocket diapers, your DH will be on board. They're easy to use - just like regular dipes.) Okay, I won't say any more - go join the CD forum!

soaking in ox-i-clean always worked on baby poop stains for me.

i joined it weeks ago ive been lurking around soaking up all the info i can , my dh is stubborn a germaphobe and bought some gerber prefolds after i told him they didnt work and now thinks no Cd will work, im still trying though.

Wash it in cold water too. Hot water sets poop stains (and blood).

thank for all the ideas , i think i have enough stained clothing to try a different thing on each piece .