Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: when to start solids

Default when to start solids

ive a 6 month old who's still waking 2X's at night to nurse. is 6 months a good age to start solids? i need sleep!!!!

sorry for typos
    Melissa
    Mommy to 3 babies
    Emily 8.11.05 My darling daughterEvan 6.28.07 the baddest, sweetest little guy I ever met
    Eliot 6.1.2010 coming soon and soon to be again!

I did not give you the gift of life, God gave me the gift of you.

Default Re: when to start solids

Quote Originally Posted by MelIsMomof2 View Post
    ive a 6 month old who's still waking 2X's at night to nurse. is 6 months a good age to start solids? i need sleep!!!!

sorry for typos
    Here is a link regarding Is my baby ready for solid foods?http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/so...lids-when.html
    Mom to Malachi Xavier 9-07/25/1999, Nursed Exclusively,
    Nicolas Daniel 2yrs old-07/28/2007, Nursed Exclusively & Still Nursing Periodically But Sure To Come To An End Soon~Tear
    Married to Dear Husband 15yrs but together 25yrs.

Default Re: when to start solids

That's a great link

Here's another one

And on an aside - don't expect baby to sleep the night through after the intro of solids... it may not happen...
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.