Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Bedtime for 4 1/2 month old

Default Bedtime for 4 1/2 month old

My daughter is 4 1/2 months old and she usually goes to bed around 10 pm. She sleeps at least 8 hours at night but sometimes goes as long as 10 hours at night! My question is what time should I be putting a 4 1/2 month old down for the night? My husband says her bed time should be earlier but I think that we should consider ourselves lucky with her schedule right now. Any suggestions/ideas/thoughts?
    First-time mommy to Danielle 8/16/07
    Wife to Mike 9/29/01

Faerie Fertile Guest

Default Re: Bedtime for 4 1/2 month old

If it's working for your family, why change it? Others might disagree, but that's how I roll.

My lo went to bed around 10 until about 5 months and it worked really well for us, especially as I don't get too excited about getting up at 5 am. She did slowly start wanting to go to bed earlier since then and was pretty settled on 8pm by 9 months. with pp-if it works for you, absolutely nothing wrong with it

DD1-Nursed 12/06-9/08
    DD2-Nursed 12/08 - 10/10

DS - Successful VBA2C May 5/11 and

You can try to put her down 10-15 minutes earlier and see how it goes. If it works, try again for 10-15 minutes earlier a few days earlier...

IMO, babies will set their own schedules. It seems no matter what time my 4.5 month old goes down, he always awakes throughout the nights at generally the same time.

Thats when my 5 month old goes to sleep, sometimes its 9:30 and sometimes on her stubborn nights its 10:30. so thats why we have found right in the middle (10:00) is perfect for us...any earlier and she wakes up during the night. She sleeps through the night (until 630-730) if she goes to bed around 10! There is no set rule, i feel, go with what works! This is what works for us! (im a night owl and not a morning person!! heehee)
    -Katie

-Wife to Joe 5-15-04
    -First time mom to Courtney Ann 8-12-07
    -Became a mom of 2: Brendan Joseph was born 01-08-09
    -Breastfed both of them for one whole year
    -Now a new mom of 3: Emily Theresa born 12-14-11
    -Breastfeeding again and hope to go the full year!