Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rave for MIL

Default Rave for MIL

Hi. We've just gotten back from a 4 day vacation with family to celebrate DD turning 1. My mom has always been supportive and my MIL breastfed her children but could only do it up to 4m. I was worried it would be awkward bfing a 1 yr old. She made 2 wonderful comments: One was that it is ok DD isn't eating that many solids b/c she's getting her nutrition from me and the other was that the reason DD's body is "solid" (meant positively) is because of all the mother's milk she gets and it is the best nutrition out there. In addition to that, she bought cloth diaper covers and has bought lots of babylegs in the past! I feel so blessed.

Jen

Default Re: Rave for MIL

A great MIL is rare, isn't she?

I miss my MIL. I really enjoy her company.

Wow, it's so nice to hear nice things about MIL's!
    Mommie to big sister Eszter, and twinnies Sophia and Josiah

That is great!
    http://thesfamilychronicles.blogspot.com

"At the heart of motherhood is the kind of satisfaction unequalled in any other profession on earth."
    -Tina Neidlein

Isaac- 1/1/01 Nursed only 4 months, had no idea what I was doing.
    Nathan- 4/28/03 preemie, 1 month NICU stay and still managed exclusive nursing for 6 months, better.
    Anna- 4/15/06 Self weaned just after turning 3.
    Baby girl due May 14th

Quote Originally Posted by mommajoliska View Post
    A great MIL is rare, isn't she?
    Yeah, tell me about it--everytime my LO cries my MIL attributes that to him being hungry even though I would have just fed him. But my outlaws in general are people who never BF'd any of their children and will also feed them table food instead of baby food--you know mashed potato's and potlicker and such.
    Mom to Malachi Xavier 9-07/25/1999, Nursed Exclusively,
    Nicolas Daniel 2yrs old-07/28/2007, Nursed Exclusively & Still Nursing Periodically But Sure To Come To An End Soon~Tear
    Married to Dear Husband 15yrs but together 25yrs.

I dont know what potlicker is but I am alsmost sure a baby shouldnt have it

glad theres a MIL that is positive! It means there is hope!
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Thats awesome!!!
    I'm so jealous. Mine is one of the nightmare ones.

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

Quote Originally Posted by Number3 View Post
    I dont know what potlicker is but I am alsmost sure a baby shouldnt have it
    You made me laugh pretty good--potlicker is the juice/broth from a pot of greens or green beans etc.
    Mom to Malachi Xavier 9-07/25/1999, Nursed Exclusively,
    Nicolas Daniel 2yrs old-07/28/2007, Nursed Exclusively & Still Nursing Periodically But Sure To Come To An End Soon~Tear
    Married to Dear Husband 15yrs but together 25yrs.

That's great! I have to add a rave about my MIL too. Yesterday my FIL asked if I was still BF'ing my DS who is now 13 1/2 months. I said yes and he said "Well, when are you going to stop? When he gets a girlfriend?" I stayed quiet for a sec because it is out of context for my FIL to say something like that -- and my MIL jumped in and said there is no milk like mother's milk and that is why my son is so healthy. She has always been my biggest supporter and I love her for it. Then I told my FIL that I hope to have him weaned by college and I also offered him some expressed milk to get him through cold and flu season for protection . He was cracking up then. He really is a sweetie, so he caught me off guard with his statement. But my MIL is the best!
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

Quote Originally Posted by Seb's mommy View Post
    That's great! I have to add a rave about my MIL too. Yesterday my FIL asked if I was still BF'ing my DS who is now 13 1/2 months. I said yes and he said "Well, when are you going to stop? When he gets a girlfriend?" I stayed quiet for a sec because it is out of context for my FIL to say something like that -- and my MIL jumped in and said there is no milk like mother's milk and that is why my son is so healthy. She has always been my biggest supporter and I love her for it. Then I told my FIL that I hope to have him weaned by college and I also offered him some expressed milk to get him through cold and flu season for protection . He was cracking up then. He really is a sweetie, so he caught me off guard with his statement. But my MIL is the best!
    LOL. Funny! That's good.