Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: need support please

Default need support please

Hi my twins are just over 4 and tonight is the first night they know they are not going to have yummy there word for breast milk they have not even woke up yet and i already want to give in aghhh you are asking why am i stopping the night time feeds, well not sure really just think they have got to at some point as one of the twins will feed all night most night. I am not tired i absolutly love breastfeeding will hate to end it am i just panicking over nothing can you tell i am baffling on about nothing. Just need to reasurring words i think, like it is ok to give in and carry on nursing at night lol.

Louise

Default Re: need support please

Quote Originally Posted by louisef View Post
    Hi my twins are just over 4 and tonight is the first night they know they are not going to have yummy there word for breast milk they have not even woke up yet and i already want to give in aghhh you are asking why am i stopping the night time feeds, well not sure really just think they have got to at some point as one of the twins will feed all night most night. I am not tired i absolutly love breastfeeding will hate to end it am i just panicking over nothing can you tell i am baffling on about nothing. Just need to reasurring words i think, like it is ok to give in and carry on nursing at night lol.

Louise
    what is your reason for stopping? You do sound panicked. Why are you panicking?

awe they will do find if you stick to your guns..
    It will be ok.
    Did you bribe them with something?
    I know a gal that bribed her dd with a fish tank for her room.
    she said sleep on your own for a week and you can have a fish and it worked.

do not know why i am panicking just do not want them to be upset or anything and they have had me for 4 years and i have never said no to them only on occasions when we have been out etc but never in the night scared incase they stop all together aswell, just dont want to be a mean mum.
    louise

your not mean you just need some sleep!
    I'd just tell them that...
    once you get them sleeping its much easier to handle the every day stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by louisef View Post
    do not know why i am panicking just do not want them to be upset or anything and they have had me for 4 years and i have never said no to them only on occasions when we have been out etc but never in the night scared incase they stop all together aswell, just dont want to be a mean mum.
    louise
    If you need to and/or want to, then do it. And they will be fine. You aren't a mean mum. for you, going that long, with twins.

ETA: Perhaps you could help another mother who is nursing twins? I see no one has responded to her. http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=42725
    Last edited by mommajoliska; January 1st, 2008 at 04:37 PM.

How did it go tonight?
    You sound worried that nightweaning might mean the end of breastfeeding altogether. The great thing about the age of four is that you can explain a lot to them about what you are doing and why you might decide to set some limits. It really is up to you. Some keep on nursing, even at night, through age four and beyond. But some mothers find they can set limits on the night nursing and nurse upon waking instead. (Often times it then becomes very important to define what "morning" is, .) They really won't nurse forever, even at night.
    Limits can be set with love and understanding. It doesn't mean that you are mean, nor does it require bribery, if that isn't your parenting style. Let us know how it goes, OK?

Mary