Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is this safe?

Default Is this safe?

We are going on vacation starting Saturday (driving) and my son recently started veggies and fruits. I was thinking of making all of his food for the week and packing it in a cooler and taking it with us. Once there, I would freeze it. This would be easier than taking my food processor and making it all there. Do you think the food will stay safe through the drive (about 5 hours)?

Default Re: Is this safe?

as long as it is in a cooler and kept COLD you should be just fine! Just make it as close to leaving as possible!

Have a nice vacation!

You could also invest in some dry ice, and transport the food without concern, safely frozen. We recently took a road trip, and with a basic cooler and a couple of milk jugs containing frozen water we were fine...it depends on how far and in what way you are travelling.

Otherwise, you might want to spend a little and purchase a hand grinder. It would be very effective for your soft fruits and veggies, and its easy to transport.

Have a great trip!

Or, so long as your baby is under a year, you could just bf exclusively (or mostly exclusively) while on your trip. It'd be way easier, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Feorsteorra
    Or, so long as your baby is under a year, you could just bf exclusively (or mostly exclusively) while on your trip. It'd be way easier, imo.
    That is what I was thinking. We went to Puerto Rico when DS was 7 months and he had just started solids, and I took a couple of jars of food with me but I ended up not needing them.

You can always just mash bananas in a pinch.