Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sore

Default Sore

For the past few days when Kayleigh latches on my nipples are really sore and it feels weird. Almost feels like when I 1st friend to nurse her. She isn't nursing a whole lot, so it isn't from that. I don't understand why my boobs are sore now. I had my tubes tied, so unless they healed then I am not pregnant. I've been off my period for over a week, so it isn't signs of my period comming. I am not due until Jan. 17 for my period. They are really tender and I end up taking her off because they are sore and tender and it just plain feels weird right now. I feel horrible, I finally get her to nurse during the day and I have to take her off. Its been like this for a few days and all day and night. No signs of an infection. I am almost tempted to take a pregnancy test just to rule it out. Feels exactly like when I got pregnant with my kids. Since I had my period on December 20, I know pregnancy can't be it.

Default Re: Sore

Some times yeast can be relatively invisaable... keep an eye out.
    Are they really red?
    Is she scraping across them as she pulls away? (like my ds does now )
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Default Re: Sore

They aren't red just sore. They are a bit itchy today. She doesn't scrape with her gums anymore, she quit doing that a few weeks ago. She is still toothless and looks like she will be toothless for a while. I am glad she's still nursing though, got her to nurse twice today.