Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: constipation after introducing solids

Default constipation after introducing solids

Hi,
    ds currnetly has constipation.last bowel movenmet tuesday evening.now thursday morning.shud i wait whole 3 days or this is abnormal?nurse says give caro syrup or apple jucie.i read somewhere to no give juices too early.is this true?.introduced veggies fruits since a week and cereal 3 weeks.exclusively breats fed before introudicng solids
    isnt this somethingf or me tow orry.what shall i do to improve this.ds is in 7 th month now
    thx

Default Re: constipation after introducing solids

I wouldn't say your baby's constipated just because he hasn't pooped in 3 days. If he actually poops hard, dry, pellet-like stools, then you know he's really constipated.

Don't give any suryp or juice. They could make the baby poop, yes, but they are NOT GOOD FOR BABY. All he needs right now is breastmilk. Solids during the first year are more for fun and learning, so if you believe he is constipated, please cut back on solids or cut them out entirely for a few days until his poops are back to normal. Breastmilk is a natural laxitive. Solids, espceally cereals, do tend to constipated many babies.

thx
    i will do so
    yes his poop is dry balck hard
    pellet like means like balls is it
    thx

hi thx
    i gave him oatmeal cereal with the hope it will provide fibre.ater taht i was exlcusively nursing for 2 days.he had hi sppoo yesterday and today.so back to nromal.thx
    i will probbaly give 2 more days for thisng tos ettle and then give solids of lesser quantity than before to let hsi systems get uusedto digesting them
    thx

Yay! So glad his poop is back to normal!