Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: When did your LO's learn that your boobs were in fact under your shirt?

Default When did your LO's learn that your boobs were in fact under your shirt?

DD is 12 months old, and as far as I can tell, she has no idea where my breasts are. Once one is within sight, she definitely knows that milk comes from it and she latches on in a hurry, but if they're under my shirt (or even my bra) she doesn't seem to know they're there. Like, she won't pull up my shirt or claw at my bra or anything. She just sits there and waits.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still glad that she hasn't gotten to the "helping herself" phase, but I'm just wondering when some of your LOs got to that phase. I know that DD has the skills and knowledge to do so, she just doesn't.
    Andrea, wife to Tim, mama to Lydia, born 5 December '06 (weaned at 28 months, ) Benjamin Luke born at home 5 days late on 10/10/09

my Blog . . my Play Food

Default Re: When did your LO's learn that your boobs were in fact under your shirt?

My LO is 14 months and just found them. The bad thing is that she does not know when it is apporpiate to find them now. We were groery shopping yesterday and while I was looking up at a package on the top shelf she reached out and pulled my shirt up - reaching for her milk! Hee Hee. When sitting on the couch last night she raised my short and pointed to them and looked at her DaDa to show him where they were (in the event that he did not know ). It was funny that she went from no clue to knowing and showing in a few days.
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

Default Re: When did your LO's learn that your boobs were in fact under your shirt?

About 14 months. He knows where they are, that's for sure. His little hands go down my top all the time. It's annoying and endearing at the same time.

I have thought a lot recently about the many things I have come to enjoy nursing a toddler. Toddler nursing is just plain fun and so much easier. Truly a reward period I think. I love the fact that when he nurses now, he sits up, pulls my top down on one side, then pulls up on the other, and signs "more" and "milk" when he's ready to switch sides. My little christmas present was he started saying 'milk' too. The cutest dang thing I've ever heard.

Hmm...I don't remember exactly..but I want to say that she has started trying to lift up or pull down my shirt on her own within just the past 3 months or so. My daughter is 20 months old.
    http://thesfamilychronicles.blogspot.com

"At the heart of motherhood is the kind of satisfaction unequalled in any other profession on earth."
    -Tina Neidlein

Isaac- 1/1/01 Nursed only 4 months, had no idea what I was doing.
    Nathan- 4/28/03 preemie, 1 month NICU stay and still managed exclusive nursing for 6 months, better.
    Anna- 4/15/06 Self weaned just after turning 3.
    Baby girl due May 14th

They discovered it, or at least let me know that they know, this last month (they turned one Dec 13th) Josiah, once Sophia is finished, if I pull my shirt down on her side, will lift it back up and launch himself across to finish off anything she might have left... Already the garbage disposal! I can't wait till highschool. Sophia will push my shirt up if I don't get to it fast enough.
    Mommie to big sister Eszter, and twinnies Sophia and Josiah

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticLibrarian View Post
    I have thought a lot recently about the many things I have come to enjoy nursing a toddler. Toddler nursing is just plain fun and so much easier. Truly a reward period I think. I love the fact that when he nurses now, he sits up, pulls my top down on one side, then pulls up on the other, and signs "more" and "milk" when he's ready to switch sides. My little christmas present was he started saying 'milk' too. The cutest dang thing I've ever heard.
    Toddler nursing is very fun. I don't get annoyed or embarrassed when she wants it all the time and is reaching into my shirt for it. I think it's cute. She's 13 months now and has been reaching and pulling up my shirt for about a month now.

Rielly-Anne just learned to sign "nursie" also. For some reason, even though we started with that sign a looooong time ago, she's just now using it. She does "more nursie" too when she's ready to switch, and "all done" along with pulling down my shirt when she's done.
    ~Brandi~

Loving wife to K
    Proud stepmom to B, and proud mom to J and R-A
    and our newest addition C

Happily homeschooling
    Still and and

Ask me about Parkinson's Disease! Visit me at Life With Shaky!