Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: She can't make up her mind!

Question She can't make up her mind!

My two month old little girl can't make up her mind... when she was born we had to stay in the hospital for 7 days due to breathing problems. She didn't get to eat anything for two days. But then I got to start feeding her on day three. I had been pumping so my milk was already in by the first time I fed her. Shortly after my breasts got horribly engorged. So the lactation consultant had me introduce a nipple shield. We had to do this for quite a while, my breasts were just producing so much milk. Well..she got to the point she wouldn't eat without it. The lactation consultant seemed to think it was b/c I was basically "drowning" her with milk without the shield. But now...she can't make up her mind. One feeding she will cry if I don't give her the shield and the next time she will cry if the shield is there. Any suggestions on how I can get her off the shield all together??? It is almost more hassel than anything. But sometimes she will just cry if I don't give it to her and she won't latch on!

I am truly confused and I think she is too! HELP!

Default Re: She can't make up her mind!

Check out the "Too much milk!" forum. The ladies there are very helpful Good luck!
    Shilpa, WAHM to

Luisa: 21st September 2005
    Leo: 2nd August 2007