Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is this possible?

Unhappy Is this possible?

Hi All,

I am so glad I found this forum and I am so glad there are people who are trying to do the same thing like me. I was so hesitant to ask anyone about this. My son is 6 months old and I stopped giving him breast milk when he was 5 months. I was back to work, did not have enough time or energy to pump. So I slowly increased the time between my pumping sessions and finally stopped pumping. I havent pumped in a month. I noticed yesterday that when I squeeze my breasts, milk is still coming out. I am thinking I would start to BF him again. I pumped today and I got very little milk (<1 0z). Is there any way I can re-establish my milk supply? I am so depressed that I stopped pumping because I had no time. I feel like a bad mother. Please help.

Default Re: Is this possible?

Don't feel like a bad momma! You can only do your best!

There are two things

1. Increasing milk supply
    2. Bringing baby back to breast

I personally recommend pumping as frequently as possible (ideally 10 - 12 times per day) first, then bring baby back to breast when you have *some* milk.

Or, if your baby will latch without getting frustrated, switch sides frequently. or use an SNS system.

There are "stickies" at the top of the forum list for help getting started. Good luck and KEEP US POSTED!

Pardon my ignorance, what is SNS?

Supplemental Nursing System.

It's basically a bag with a tube. You put formula or expressed breastmilk in the bag and the tube goes next to your nipple. So baby nurses and get the supplemental milk plus whatever you produce. It's great for busy moms because baby's sucking stimulates milk production.

I didn't use one, but there are some ladies here who have used or are using one.

Thanks so much for your help. I will look into getting an SNS.

MoMmY316 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

pp had great ways to start, if u wanted to u could also add fenugreek and blessed thistle to help with also increasing ur supply u can get those at a herbal or vitamin store