Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: lots of poo

Default lots of poo

DD has been pooping about 90% of her diapers in the last few days. It looks like diarrhea. She has been nursing normally, and has been eating a little more solids. Is this normal? I am fast running out of cloth diapers. I've never encountered this problem with her or my other daughter. TIA

Default Re: lots of poo

What color is her poop? Is it smelly? How old is your lo?? Is she EBF???

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

Its like regular mushy poop, except that it has been tinted red. She did have one diaper that was really runny, and it stained the diaper pink. It was really weird. she eats some solids, and only breastmilk, no formula, no juice, no water, etc. She will be one on Thursday. I don't know if its normal for such a small baby to have that much, KWIM? She did have a really high temp the other day, and she seems to be getting a cough and sniffles.

If it's diarrhea you will know because it stinks very very badly.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

I didn't notice that nasty smell, maybe I was too worried. the last diaper I changed, like fifteen minutes ago, had actually soaked into the diaper, because it was so watery. I don't know if its teeth, a cold, or if there is something else wrong. I guess I will just watch her. She is so whiny lately too.