Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: ZPACK and nursing

Default ZPACK and nursing

I have been sick for three weeks now and have taken nothing because I am still nursing my 5 month old. I have finally broke down and decided to take antibiotics because I cannot seem to get well. Any suggestions on the nursing? I know this antibiotic is approved for pregnancy but no studies on nursing. Should I feed my little guy formula for the next week or so? I am worried about supply issues if I pump and dump exclusively for a week.

Default Re: ZPACK and nursing

I took this and my doc said it was okay to nurse. So I did. But you can call your doctor and ask for sure.

Thanks for the response. My doc says it okay too, but you know how it is when you are nursing...you worry about everything you eat and drink.

I do. I want to warn you though, I took the last one on Christmas day, and the doc said that it was supposed to stay in my system for up to five days to kill off the "bugs". well, today is the fifth day, and i am getting sick again. I don't know what the deal is, but just to let you know, hopefully it works.

I took it not long ago too, with no problems. I hope you feel better soon.