Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "beyond one" pumping question

Default Re: "beyond one" pumping question

My goal? To eventually be done with pumping and just nurse when I'm with her. I'll probably give up my morning pumping last, as I get the most out then. That would at least be one bottle. Plus, I have frozen EBM that'll last a little while. I don't have a problem with her having cow's milk after a year, I just thought if she could have EBM, I'd rather that. I've also tried giving her watered down juice in a sippy. She mostly chews on it. She eats solids well, but they are only offered morning and evening. DH and my mom (caregivers when I work) are awesome at holding her off until I get home at lunch to nurse.
    Hi! I'm Shelley!
    Feeling like a and lovin' it!
    Cloth Diapering Convert

Married DH 8/5/2000
    DS 2/25/03 Always making me laugh!
    DD 1/23/07 Loves to Breastfed 15 months with no end in sight!

Default Re: "beyond one" pumping question

Sorry I didn't read through all these posts. I pumped weaned last month when my son turned one. I did it very gradually and have had no problems at all. It was the best decision for us because my son stopped taking the bottle when I was at work when he was about 7 months old. So all the milk I was sending home was used mostly just for sipping throughout the day and for cereal. We still nurse mornings and evenings during the week and on the weekends he usually asks to nurse for naptimes as well. I have had no problems except for the occasional Monday morning fullness at work. I keep my pump at my desk just in case of engorgement, but I have not had to use it once.

If you go to the pumping section and search "pump weaning", you will find many helpful links! If I have some time later I will try and bring them up for you. Good luck whatever your decision may be!
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09