Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair falling??!

Question Hair falling??!

Hello,

I've heard that after a pregnancy your hair falls and mine has begun to fall out since about a week ago. It seems to be falling out a lot too, every time I brush I seem to have clean the brush. When does this stop? What's going on?

Thanks everyone!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

Default Re: Hair falling??!

Yes. It happened to me after both of my pregnancies. It can be scary. It was about that time too and came out in combfulls in the shower. But have no fear, it will be over in a couple weeks and you will get new growth. What I have been told is you normally lose hair and replace hair every day, but during pregnancy, hormones stop the hair loss so you hold onto your hair and get a thicker, fuller head of hair. Sometime after childbirth, your body loses the hair you have hung onto for 9 months. It will even out again in a couple weeks.

I experienced the same thing from about 4 months-6 months after the baby was born. It seemed so severe! I was extra careful with my hair during that time, kept taking my prenatal vitamin, and sure enough the falling out stopped recently. I just had it colored last week and my hairdresser said I had a ton of new growth coming back in.

It's normal!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

MY HAIR IS FALLING OUT TOO!!!! My daughter is 4 months old today and sometimes I think I'm going to be bald by the time she's 5 months old.

I agree with Rachel's post...apparently when we are prego we hold onto everything, especially hair. Now it's falling out as it would if we weren't prego.

I have a brush I use in the shower to help detangle my hair...it's full of hair every time I use it and there are strands of hair all over the tub. I have to clean the drain out a lot too as it gets clogged pretty bad. I find hair everywhere...it's nuts.

Feel better now??? LOL!

Mine is falling out too! This time I wasn't so surprised since it happened with DS also. I called the nurse panicking and she said that it can continue to fall out 6 months to a year. Every time I blow dry my hair I have to sweep the floor afterwards. It's so annoying!! I am finding hair everywhere.
    ~*~LaDonna~*~

Wife to David 08.10.03
    Mommy to Elijah 12.4.05, born 3 weeks early and who self-weaned at 16 months
    Milk Bar to Liliana 08.10.07

♥Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone~♥

I'm a mama and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by MommyLuvsU View Post
    I experienced the same thing from about 4 months-6 months after the baby was born. It seemed so severe! I was extra careful with my hair during that time, kept taking my prenatal vitamin, and sure enough the falling out stopped recently. I just had it colored last week and my hairdresser said I had a ton of new growth coming back in.

It's normal!
    I just had to say everytime I see your LO it just makes me giggle--too adorable!
    Mom to Malachi Xavier 9-07/25/1999, Nursed Exclusively,
    Nicolas Daniel 2yrs old-07/28/2007, Nursed Exclusively & Still Nursing Periodically But Sure To Come To An End Soon~Tear
    Married to Dear Husband 15yrs but together 25yrs.

I had hair loss for about 6 months after having my DS. It seemed like it would never stop, but it did. HTH!
    Leslie- Momma to Aiden 02/28/06 AND Owen 2/28/08...What timing

Older and wiser voices can always help you find the right path, if you are only willing to listen.--Jimmy Buffet

I wish it would fall off my face, so I won't have to wax!

Thank God! I thought I was going nuts thinking I was going bald!

Me too! It is finally getting better for me though. My lo is 9 months and I really thought I was gonna go bald! I could of probaly taken a rake and raked the hair off the carpet! I had such long lushes locks while prego but now forget it!
    Isabella Grace 4/3/07, Elijah 6yrs, Logan 8yrs