Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Argh! Is my pink eye back?

Default Argh! Is my pink eye back?

I woke up Thursday morning with pink eye. Went to the doc and got a presciption for anibiotic eye drops. Took one dose. Then remembered EMB can help, so I went that approach. In less than 2 days I was "cured". So I thought. Today is Sunday, and I woke up with it again! Should I continue to use the EBM or should I just use the medicine. Ped said it should be fine for me to use it as they give higher dosages to babies/kids when they have it.
    Hi! I'm Shelley!
    Feeling like a and lovin' it!
    Cloth Diapering Convert

Married DH 8/5/2000
    DS 2/25/03 Always making me laugh!
    DD 1/23/07 Loves to Breastfed 15 months with no end in sight!

Default Re: Argh! Is my pink eye back?

Since you already tried the EBM and it didn't do the job I would go ahead and take the meds. Just my two cents!

One question, though. Did you stop doing the EBM when you noticed it went away? If you did, you may want to try doing that again for 1-2 weeks to ensure that it's all gone. I'm always leary of the drops because of the side effects (read the insert). I love my vision too much to risk it for something easy to cure like pink eye.

You can do a double dose type of thing using EBM and alternating with warm water mixed with raw, organic honey. It really does work well...but you have to keep doing it for a week to 10 days. Otherwise, you may calm the bacteria, but you won't eradicate it and it'll just come back.

Just a thought, if you wear eye makeup it could be contaminated. I was told to toss any cosmetics that touched the infected eye. It stinks, but helped keep me from getting it again.
    Proud Mama to Noah Michael and Baby Charlie

Contacts would be contaminated too.

Mom to - 6 yrs, 4 yrs, and twins 3 years

Check out my Work at Home Job Here