Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: My long term goals for bf'ing

Default My long term goals for bf'ing

So this is my long-term goal for bf'ing Rielly-Anne -

Right now she reverse cycles, mostly. She does nurse during naptime, as that is the only way she will go to sleep. And she does walk over to me several times a day, pull up my shirt and latch on for a few seconds. But mostly she's a reverse cycler - she lives on the breast at night. So I've been pumping ever day so she can have some milk in a sippy cup. I intend to keep her off cow milk as long as possible. I am also pumping enough to freeze about 4 - 6 oz every day.

So we will continue to bf as long as she wants, while getting a little bm in a sippy cup during the day (mostly with meals). I will continue to freeze any extra milk. When she's two, we plan on ttc again, so hopefully I will have enough frozen bm to carry us through the dry times, if that should happen. Then while bf'ing my next, I can continue to pump to give her bm in a cup or tandem nurse if she still wants to do that. So if all goes according to plan, she'll be on bm for quite some time!
    ~Brandi~

Loving wife to K
    Proud stepmom to B, and proud mom to J and R-A
    and our newest addition C

Happily homeschooling
    Still and and

Ask me about Parkinson's Disease! Visit me at Life With Shaky!

Default Re: My long term goals for bf'ing

Sounds like good long term goals. I love how you said your daughter walks over to you, pulls up your shirt and latches on, that is so cute!!! My goal right now is 18 months but we are taking it 1 day at a time. Has breastfeeding been smooth for you?

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonousBlonde_81 View Post
    Sounds like good long term goals. I love how you said your daughter walks over to you, pulls up your shirt and latches on, that is so cute!!! My goal right now is 18 months but we are taking it 1 day at a time. Has breastfeeding been smooth for you?
    Yes, I have been very fortunate that bf'ing both my children has been so easy. We had a bit of OS/OALD this time around, resulting in some plugged milk ducts, but nothing too serious. Can't wait for the next one, whenever that happens to be!
    ~Brandi~

Loving wife to K
    Proud stepmom to B, and proud mom to J and R-A
    and our newest addition C

Happily homeschooling
    Still and and

Ask me about Parkinson's Disease! Visit me at Life With Shaky!

Aw, I am glad you had it pretty smooth!!!!