Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Allergic reaction…….

Red face Allergic reaction…….

OMG!!! I went to change my LO diaper today and she had a rash all over her stomach, like hives. It was around 3pm, It was only on her stomach! I called the doctor to see what or if we should do anything.

I told her I did have crab yesterday (for the 1st time since EBF) around 7pm and also that I changed the detergent I was using, she has worn other cloths that were washed in it. She stated that if it was from my milk that it would take 24 hours for it to affect LO. She also stated that if it was from food or detergent that it would be all over her body. She told me that most likely it was her cloths rubbing???!!!???!!!

I was hoping that you ladies could be of some help, not that I don’t trust my doctor, but you ladies have the experience!!!! How would I know if my LO had a allergic reaction from my milk. I read that it takes anywhere from 4-6 hours for food to go through my milk. SO if it was from my milk the rash would have start at her night feeding at 3 and 6.

Or is the doctor right in saying that it will take 24 hours for it to react with my LO.

I am confused, please HELP!!!! I love Crab and I would hate to give it up if she really is not affected by it.

Default Re: Allergic reaction…….

Hey ladies looking for help, the rash is still there, it does not bother her, but it bothers me. Any advise.