Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: clicking sound

Default clicking sound

I have a PISA which is about 6 weeks old now. I am EP'ing and tonight while I am sitting here pumping my pump is making a click sound from the motor between suction.
    Anyone else have this happen?
    I would hate to thing something could be wrong with my pump already! Its only 6 weeks old for crying out loud!
    Christine
    lots of for the cloth dipes!
    Sara Elizabeth 5.25.04 and Holden Joseph 10.18.07

Wife to Eddie. <3

Default Re: clicking sound

I am not sure Is everything hooked up properly?
    Are your using batteries or a plug in, My pump (though and Purley Yours) would click and not suction right if I had batteries in it that were not strong enough or close to being dead.
    Lauren

yes, its all hooked up right as far as i can tell. it doesnt really move from where i pump much and its plugged into the outlet.
    i did email medela but have not gotten a response yet.
    i have found from a few other people on another forum that they have had the same thing happen and medela said it was nothing to worry about as long as there was still suction. it doesnt seem to be performing any different, but of course i am paranoid after spending how much on it.. and in six weeks the zipper on the bag broke, the tubing has a clouded discoloration, and now this new noise.
    Christine

Wife to Eddie. <3

The clouded discoloration could be some of the fat from the milk sticking to the sides. How are you washing everything?

I wash everything with warm soapy water and then sterilize it.
    The tubing has never had any visible contact with my milk tho, and I do not always wash the tubing.. for that reason.
    It always has condensation tho while I am pumping and I let it run out til its dry every time.
    Christine

Wife to Eddie. <3

Mine makes noises from time to time, but mine is almost 4 years old. I am using it now for my new 5 month old. My husband recently dropped it on the floor and broke off one of the ports. I called Medela and they sent me a new diaphram cap for FREE! I was shocked that anyone still sends stuff out for free especially when the product is 4 years old. You can try to pop off the diaphram cap and put it back on. There should be 3 or 4 prongs that hold it on. If it comes loose it can make noise.

I did call them today and they said that it is normal and that it can change its sounds from time to time but as long as it keeps suction that its normal for the sound to change.
    Christine

Wife to Eddie. <3

I know that some plastics and thus maybe some tubing, get more brittle when exposed to the high heat of sterilization. it could be the heat changing the color of the tubing.