Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Hot Flashes?

Default Hot Flashes?

I am still nursing my 25 month old son, and we are still enjoying it. I would like to let him wean naturally. However, I have started to get hot flashes which are extremely uncomfortable! I am also a little worried because my period came back several months ago (just twice) and hasn't been back since...I will be 38 in a few months and we would like to have more kids. I am going to get blood tests. Has anyone else experienced this or heard of this? My midwife said it was probably just a side effect of the extended nursing but I had never heard of this. I know it could also be due to thyroid but hope it's not a fertility issue...I hope I am just being a worrywart!

Default Re: Hot Flashes?

Your just now getting hot flashes while nursing? Your so Lucky!! Me and my DS both sweat everytime we nurse. I haven't had a shirt on with sleeves since I gave birth. And I gave birth in DEC.!!! I'd call it totally normal.

I know what you mean about being hot while nursing, but unfortunately these were different in sensation (they come any time not just when nursing and seem to continue to cycle day & night & I can be hot & sweaty in a tank top in front of a fan). Yesterday I got my blood results back have FSH levels in the "post menopausal range" and "very, very low estrogen"...my periods came back just twice since I was nursing and then went away again. I posted about this in weaning too as I have now been advised to wean ASAP...

Hey I read that post yesterday! And about how your trying to concive again. Good luck! Both with the weaning process and another baby!