Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: pumping while breasfeed - how?

Default pumping while breasfeed - how?

Many of you suggested pumping one breast while bf on the other during the first morning session. Sorry if silly question, but HOW????
    one hand holding baby.. other holding pump... other holding pumped breast.. uhmm... not enougth hands. Breast are large... how do you pump with one hand? I have Avent Manual pump and medela electric. the electric makes too much noise, I think, to be sitting next to my baby's head while he nurses.

how to?

Default Re: pumping while breasfeed - how?

You can use a rolled up towel or similar to hold up your breast. The electric would be easiest, but the Isis is do-able. It just takes practice, well, that and a baby who isn't easily distracted!

Let us know if this helps!

I have large breasts, too, and am also missing a few hands. LOL! DD is almost 7 months and I sit on the bed with pillows next to me to prop her into the football hold. I hold either her or my breast (which ever needs it) and hold the pump with the other hand while pumping the other breast.

I thought it would be impossible, too. But, it is actually fairly easy now that I have gotten used to it. Using the football hold actually lets her look over at what I am doing. Her becoming easily distracted is the whole reason I started to pump. Now I can feed her with a bottle during the times that she just will not stay focused to nurse. It's working out great!

Good luck!

Thanks for the responses! I am proud to say that I succeeded!!! baby on football hold on one hand and manual pump on the other. Multiple cushions do the rest. Baby curious about pump, but happy to share.

Many thanks for your answers and support!