Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off From Work Since Dec. 20th and It's the BEST!!

Default Off From Work Since Dec. 20th and It's the BEST!!

Since returning back to work at the end of October and finally getting a pump from WIC (but not consistently pumping) I have been home since December 20th and it has been the BEST time. I have been at home with my DS 5 month and have been nursing him exclusively and it has been the BEST time in the world. I have been thinking I really need to pump so that I can have a supply available for the dcp but I have not had the energy nor the enthusiasum to pump--I have just been enjoying EBF'ing for the time I have been home.

I return back to work on January 3rd and I keep promising myself that I am going to pump to have a supply--I am going to so miss EBF'ing my DS!!!!!

Anyone else on vacation and loving it?!!!!
    Mom to Malachi Xavier 9-07/25/1999, Nursed Exclusively,
    Nicolas Daniel 2yrs old-07/28/2007, Nursed Exclusively & Still Nursing Periodically But Sure To Come To An End Soon~Tear
    Married to Dear Husband 15yrs but together 25yrs.

Default Re: Off From Work Since Dec. 20th and It's the BEST!!

HE!! YEAH! i 've been "on vacation" since march but i might go back to work in january... who knows . i've loved every minute!

Quote Originally Posted by adamEMMAbella View Post
    HE!! YEAH! i 've been "on vacation" since march but i might go back to work in january... who knows . i've loved every minute!
    I'm with you if you don't have to return to work don't, I will have to live vicarously through you!
    Nicolas Daniel 2yrs old-07/28/2007, Nursed Exclusively & Still Nursing Periodically But Sure To Come To An End Soon~Tear

yeah i dont' really have to, for me atleast... but my boss is getting pissed at me for not returning yet. he thought i would be back 6wks PP. but then the baby got really sick with the allergy problems etc etc... so now i'm soooo nervous to leave him with just anyone, IYKWIM? i can work nights but that puts my marriage in a hard spot seeing as our paths would not cross. i would also miss out on dinner times and family things. it sound cheesy but i really look forward to the little talks at the dinner table so now i have a huge dilema on my hands, piss my boss off more to stay with ds longer , or go back at nights and miss the fam, work full time days and pay out the A$$ for childcare, or work part-time and hope i can make enough to pay for childcare after taxes... decisions decisions.... so please don't envy me because any decision i make will leave someone hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by adamEMMAbella View Post
    so please don't envy me because any decision i make will leave someone hurt!
    No envy just glad that you get to choose to stay at home. I know what you mean about decisions--I had to make that choice this year but Thank GOD I was able to find a dcp that has been great with my son. It was really quite hard as I was a sah mom with my oldest (he's eight) and even when he started k and I went back to work I was able to take him to school and pick him up. As a matter of fact he has been with me up until this school year and I still get to see him off to school. Last year he went to the school that I work at so we rode in together and home of course and I saw him throughout the day everyday.

Family is so much more important so I'm not the one to encourage you to go back to work if you don't have to--I say stay at home as long as possible and the boss will get over it Keep me posted!

i know what you mean i was a sahm to both my girls until preschool in my middle child. so i went back 2 years ago full time and did the drop off and pick up thing. thanks for your support , send me the and prayers that i will make the right decision and everything will work out according to plan, IYKWIM? thanks for listening i didn't mean to steal your thread, but have fun during your time off and i want to hear what you did with it have fun with the kids and fam. and don't forget about us here when you go back. its girls like you that keep me addicted to this site thanks for being a friend

Oh heck, I've been back to work since October and I keep this thread open at work. I know so sad. And my prayers go up even as I type and you're the fun one!!!

aahhhh! shucks! you make me blush

Hi there - I am right there with you! I've been off since the 19th and have enjoyed bf my lo. It's much easier and I love the time with her. I've only pumped 2x's a day so my supply is quite low. I was hoping that feeding her on demand would increase my supply. I go back on the 3rd, so I will pump every time I feed her to increase my supply again. I would love to be home though! At least part time. It would be really nice to be home part time. Enjoy the time with your lo!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Dyno-mite View Post
    Hi there - I am right there with you! I've been off since the 19th and have enjoyed bf my lo. It's much easier and I love the time with her. I've only pumped 2x's a day so my supply is quite low. I was hoping that feeding her on demand would increase my supply. I go back on the 3rd, so I will pump every time I feed her to increase my supply again. I would love to be home though! At least part time. It would be really nice to be home part time. Enjoy the time with your lo!
    I am thoroughly enjoying my time. Yay for you that you have pumped since you've been home, unfortunately I haven't but I keep trying to talk myself up so I can have a supply available for the dcp and also so that when I get back to work it won't be so hard.