Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Just an Update!

Default Just an Update!

I took my DD in for her 4 month check up and she is 13 lbs. They said she is doing good. She got the evil shots. She seems to be doing well with them now.

I asked her doc about the trush agian that we have been battleing for for ever. It is not bad at all and not bothering either of us. She said as long as it is not bother either of us and she only have small signs, not to worry about it that her body will take care of it in time. I was not sure about this but we have tried just about everything and we are going the proabotics and that has been what has gotten it to the little bit it is now. So we are going to keep up with what we are doing.

Then get this, She asked me if i had started cereal and I said no that I was not going to start anything till she gets to be 6 months. She then tells me that they like to see them on the cereal by 6 months. I (smiled and noded) Who the mom?? Is what i was asking myself. It really frustrats me when they are trying to tell you what they think is the best and why does it always have to be aginst EBF. Any ways

The point is here that my baby is doing great and I am going to do what is best for her.

BF is the best!

Default Re: Just an Update!

Quote Originally Posted by MomtoZoeMarandaKaley View Post
    Who the mom?? Is what i was asking myself. It really frustrats me when they are trying to tell you what they think is the best and why does it always have to be aginst EBF. Any ways

The point is here that my baby is doing great and I am going to do what is best for her.
    you're certainly doing it!! Why don't we all start questioning peds when they comment like this and asking politely but firmely for figures and name of researches that support their statements, and when they start to babble (because they do, that's what I know from experience!) WE offer OUR figures and researches??
    Let's start a world wide pedi-educational campaign!!

to you for standing by your believes and mother feelings, sometimes new mums feel inadequate and end up doing what pedi says because "he/she knows for sure best"...
    let's stand up for our milking rights!
    yes, my son comfort nurses, and I comfort forum!
    teeth counter now scoring: 11!
    WAHM (though hubby behaves like I'm a SAHM) to Luca Johannes, born 23/04/2007
    as well as his great-grandmother (23/04/1916) and his aunt (23/04/1972)
    - both delighted by the generational continuity...

Great job! You ARE the mom and it seems peds forget that.

About the thrush, are you avoiding sugar and refined carbs? Eating lots of yogurt or kefir?

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.

Yes I am and it has gotten it down to hardly nothing but just will not go the rest of the way away. But I am sure it will over time and what we are doing. Thanks everyone!

We just had our 4 month check up and DS weighed in at 19lbs, 8 oz!!!

ALL EBF!!! We're SO proud!!!

Surprisingly, new doctor did not even bring up the question of solid foods?...