Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Hi, New here with a question

Default Hi, New here with a question

Hi everyone I am new here and need some advice.....I stopped breastfeeding my daughter when she was 3 weeks old because my pedi told me that she was having a hard time digesting my milk? Which I later found out that it is actally easier and better for her to digest then the formula. Im a first time mom and didn't know this. So now she is 9 weeks will be 10 weeks on friday and I would like to relactate so that I can continue to breastfeed her I miss it so much and it makes me want to cry everytime I see or read something about breastfeeding. My questions are these 1)i am suppose to get an iud the next time i start my period but i am getting the copper one not the one with horomones in it would this be ok with bfing? 2)any tips on relactating? I have a electric pump that i can use and i tried to see if she would latch on still and she did right away so i dont think that will be a problem but my pump does not suck very hard is that going to be a problem? 3) and the last thing is that i work 8 hours a day while she is in daycare would it be ok to give her formula during those times and breastfeed while she is at home with me or should i pump the milk she will need while in daycare? 4)If i pump how do you store it? Thanks any replies would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Sunkissed07; July 11th, 2006 at 12:04 PM.

Default Re: Hi, New here with a question

Here's a link with more information:

http://www.lalecheleague.org/NB/NBrelactation.html

OK i got some tips and learned how to store the milk, but i still need some answers to the IUD question and about feeding during the time I am at work. thanks

I have a copper IUD and haven't had a lot of problems. None related to bf. The "mid month spotting" is a big fat joke, however. I had a full blown period it seemed all the time for about 6 weeks. It seemed like the "spotting" woudl leave in time for my period to start but I've had it for about 5 months now and I am good to go. I didn't have any supply issues. But everybody is different...
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...