Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: no poop!

Default no poop!

my lo is 5 weeks old and hasn't pooped in two days. should i be concerned? should i do something like give an enema? anyone know bout this? she has plenty of wets so far.

tia

Default Re: no poop!

I dont think it is cause for concern. As they grow babies use up more of the nutrients and produce less waste. At 9 weeks Luke was going a week or more between poops and everything was fine. I think around 5 weeks he started to go once a day or once every few days. If wets are fine, I wouldnt worry.

I called my pediatrician once when my LO didnt have any poops for two days, and was told that is nothing to worry about with a BF baby as long as they are having wet diapers and no signs of pain/distress. And I was told to definitely NOT give anything to speed it up, because that is unnecessary and can even hurt the little ones. Good luck!!

yeah its totally normal for breastfed babies to go up to 10 days between poops although I have heard of babies going as long as 23 days!!!! my 7 month old only goes once every 5-7 days now. Its fine.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!