Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is Multiple six hour streches bad?

Default Is Multiple six hour streches bad?

Hey wondering if anyone has any advice. My 7 week old goes for long times between feeds. She has been a good sleeper since day one and for almost a mth has been doing a six hour stretch at night. but now she is going for really long times between feeds during the day. Today she was in the snugli while were at the zoo and i had to wake her at the 6 hour mark. She nursed for an HOUR. then went another 6 hours till we got home. she didn't even stir. cuz she is so little should i be worried, any suggestions feedback would be awesome Thanks

Default Re: Is Multiple six hour streches bad?

My son was the same way when he was born. The first night he slept from 10:30 until 7:30!!! Then when I woke him up he just smiled at me and wouldn't eat. Finally an hour later he nursed for an hour and a half and was happy as a clam. Anyhow, during the day he started sleeping for long periods of time and my midwife finally told me not to let him go any longer than 3 hrs during the day, even if he only snacked when I offered. It will keep them from getting dehydrated and from losing weight. If you try to wake her up and she won't eat but is having the right amt of wet/poopy diapers and is content and not losing weight, then just let her sleep...some babies just go through phases where it seems like they do nothing but sleep. But be ready, when she hits those growth spurts, you'll be wishing for more sleep time!

Thanks lots of wet and poopy. and gaining good. Never had this with my son he was always awake and hungry. I'll try waking her if she keeps doing it.

I don't know how accurate this is, but I was told that you can allow them to sleep through the night as long as they've gained their birth weight back.